The DSI Defensive Driving Course provides drivers with knowledge and skills to safely drive a vehicle in most common urban driving environments (sealed roads). The course provides theory and practical demonstrations to reinforce the importance of the most common road safety issues.
- Concentration and Attitude
- Risk Taking Behaviour
- Fatigue Awareness and Time Management
- Effects of Speed
- Vehicle Loading
- Trip Management
- Road Law
- Alcohol Awareness
- Drug Awareness
- Achieve a safe emergency stop
- Apply hazard avoidance techniques
- Experience the effect of speed on stopping distance
- Apply vision skills
- Apply correct car control techniques
- At the completion of the course it is expected that all drivers will demonstrate;
- An awareness of how risk taking and motivation can affect your safety on the road
- How to identify potential hazards and how to avoid them
- Improved vision whilst driving
- An understanding of the risks associated with Alcohol, Drugs and Fatigue
- The importance of correct tyre pressure and condition of tyres
- The importance of seat belts and other safety devices in the vehicle
- How to minimise distractions and loose objects in the vehicle
- How to identify different braking systems and how to use them effectively
- How speed can effect stopping distances
- A responsible attitude to self, other roads users and the community
- How to apply defensive driving techniques
In order to participate in this course you require at least your “P” class licence. You will need to provide your own registered and roadworthy vehicle.
This training will be delivered face to face either on site or at a suitable venue arranged by DSI.
The course is assessed using a variety of methods including written and practical assessments.
Course costs vary according to State and venue. For detailed cost information, please contact DSI on (07) 5353 7177 or email us.